Summer Business Studies in Strasbourg
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Strasbourg is an ideal location to study abroad. The city truly sits in the heart of Europe, right on the German border, with easy access to Switzerland, Italy, and Belgium. Strasbourg merges the old and new with its modern tramway set against the backdrop of cathedrals and an historic city center. With the amenities of a large city and manageability of a small city, Strasbourg features a large network of bicycle paths and is known for its friendly atmosphere. As a cultural, intellectual and gastronomic center, the city attracts large numbers of international students.
University of Strasbourg, Ecole de Managment, is one of the top business schools in France and offers a superb academic experience. The curriculum includes input from corporate partners and focuses on solid, real-world values in the business arena.
Corporate Visits & Visits of International Institutions
All classes, lectures, and visits will be held in English. Students must take all three modules below.
1. French Language and Culture (Beginner’s & Intermediate) (1 US credit)
2. European Integration – (3 US credits)
• History of European Integration
• The European Institutions
• The European Union and the World
3. European Business – (3 US credits)
• Business in Europe
• Strategy of European Art Organizations
• Marketing in Europe
• International Human Resource Management
A variety of company vistis, visits of international institutions and cultural sights will be organized once a week in conjunction with classes.
Our partner companies for these one-day corporate immersion visits include:
• Smart France – Hambach, France
• Mercedes Corporate Headquarters & visit of the museum – Stuttgart, Germany
• Steelcase Worklab – Schiltigheim, France
• WeberHaus – Rheinau-Linx, Germany
• Siemens – Haguenau, France
• Wine Industry – Alsace, France
• Deutsche Bank, Frankfurt, Germany
• Tomi Ungerer Museum, Strasbourg, France
• The European Parliament – Strasbourg, France
• The Council of Europe – Strasbourg, France
• The European Court of Human Rights – Strasbourg, France
• The European Central Bank – Frankfurt, Germany
• EM Strasbourg Business School will host cultural activities: Guided walking tour of
Strasbourg’s old center and the Cathedral, as well as a boat tour around the city of
Options for additional cultural experiences on the week-ends:
Strasbourg is located close to three airports (Baden-Baden, Frankfurt Hahn, Euroairport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg) which offer low cost flights with Ryanair, Easyjet, Germanwings, Volotea and Vueling. Shuttles or trains depart from Strasbourg for those airports in Germany and Switzerland. If you plan in
advance, you can travel to London, Rome or Barcelona at a very low price.
Getting Credit for Studies Abroad
Students who wish to receive academic credit (aside from general elective and liberal studies credit) must have their courses pre-approved by the appropriate department. To view a list of academic advisors, please review the information in our Academics section. Once you apply through our website, you will be able to enter the classes you wish to take electronically. These classes can be reviewed and approved directly by faculty once entered. If you would like courses abroad to count for general elective credit or liberal studies credit only, please contact your Education Abroad advisor for those approvals.
Summer Session 1: June 1 – 29, 2016 (Please arrive two days in advance of the start date to arrange housing)
Summer Session 2: June 15 – July 13, 2016 (Please arrive two days in advance of the start date to arrange housing)
• University-run or private residence hall near the school (depending on availability).
• Students are expected to arrive 1-2 days prior to the beginning of the program
(reservations will be made accordingly).
• Close to tram stop and very close to the school.
Résidence de la Marne:
290€ (per person for an apartment for two)
350€ (per person for a studio -1 person apartment)
+ Internet access : 19.99€ per month
Subject to change
Located right behind the school (1 minute walk)
Some studios and some Apartments for 2 people partly furnished:
- 2 Beds
- Desk and chairs
- Sheets, Pillows, Blankets
- Washing machine available
*You will need to bring your own towels
*Cost of housing payable direclty to the residence.
-Breakfasts at School: approximately 2,50€ x 20 days (50€)
-Other breakfasts : at your own discretion : maximum 5€ x 8 days (40€)
-Lunches at School: approximately 5€ x 20 days (100€)
-Other Lunches: at your own discretion 6-10€ x 10 days (100€)
-Dinners: at your own discretion 5€-20€ x 25 days
Total (high scale) for meals: ≈ 640€
* These quotes are based on the assumption that students are eating out. Groceries will come out to less, about ≈200€ to ≈300€ for lunch and dinner.
To view the costs for this program, click the "costs" link at the top of this page. This will direct you to a line-item breakdown of how much the program costs and what is included in those costs.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to this program, all you need to do is hit the "Apply Now" button found at the top of this page. Once applied, you will have your own personal study abroad page, with a checklist of items needed in order to complete your application. Once you complete your application, you will be charged a non-refundable application fee of $100.
TALK TO AN ADVISOR
If you would like to talk to an advisor about this program, you can find his/her name at the top of the brochure page. To make an appointment, or view walk-in hours for this advisor, please visit the "Talk to an Advisor" section.
“An amazing opportunity to interact with students and instructors from all over the world while living in France!”
“Great Experience for me before starting my career. Thank you for a great time and a life experience!”