National Student Exchange
National Student Exchange (NSE)
NSE is an association of over 200 colleges and universities in the United States, U.S. Territories and Canada. Study for a semester or a year at a NSE partner while paying regular NAU tuition or pay the in-state tuition of the host campus!
Visit www.nse.org for details about the program and available campuses.
• Sophomore status at time of exchange
• 2.5 GPA or higher
• Good academic, financial, and disciplinary standing at NAU
• Full time enrollment at NAU
• No incomplete grades from previous terms
Program costs depends on which plan you choose:
• Plan A: NAU student pays the in-state tuition of the host university
• Plan B: NAU student pays regular NAU tuition
There is a $200 application fee to apply to NSE.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Plan A: Your financial aid will be disbursed by your host university. NAU tuition waivers and scholarships (i.e. NAU Merit, Deans, Presidents Resident and Non-Resident, AIMS, Lumberjack Scholars, and departmental tuition awards) cannot be used on Plan A.
Plan B: Your financial aid will be normally disbursed by NAU.
Benefits of NSE
• Access new academic opportunities
• Explore new fields of study
• New perspectives and personal growth
• Live in a new place
• Become more independent and resourceful
• Test out possible graduate schools
• Come home with a better-defined view of your future!
Email the NAU NSE Coordinator or call at (928) 523-2479.