The ASNAU Global Opportunities (GO) Scholarship
The ASNAU Global Opportunities (GO) scholarship is funded by the Associated Students of Northern Arizona University (ASNAU) through the ASNAU student fee. NAU students voted that a portion of the ASNAU fee would be used to fund this scholarship as a way to encourage and help active NAU students to participate in the diverse Education Abroad programs offered by NAU's Center for International Education.
Award amounts of $250, $500, $750, and $1,000 depending on merit of application
* Undergraduate or graduate students
* Flagstaff Mountain Campus Students
* Enrolled at NAU during the previous semester
* Minimum 2.5 GPA
* Sophomore status or above
• Spring & Winter: October 15
• Summer: March 15
• Fall: April 1
All applicants notified of their application status 4 weeks after the deadline.
Required Service Project
All GO Scholarship recipients must complete a service project. To complete this requirement students choose to complete a project to promote education abroad to the NAU campus. For more information, please read the GO Scholarship Project Instructions 2016-17.pdf
Statement of Purpose Essays:
- Service projects need to be completed 6 months after you return
- Please note that failure to complete the project will result in your scholarship being retracted from your student account (meaning you will end up with a past due balance on your LOUIE in the amount of your scholarship)
- Compose essay in paragraph format (not as numbered responses)
- Compose essay in a word processing program and then copy/paste into the text boxes provided. This will allow you to save your essays and ensure that your information is not lost due to a session timeout
- Do not format (i.e. bold, underline, italics) your essay in the word processing program because your formatting will not be retained upon transferring. We have provided limited formatting to reconstruct your essay once you have pasted it into the text boxes
- Carefully review your essay and ask other people (NAU Writing Center and people that know you) to proofread your essay for spelling, grammar, and content prior to submission
- All applications will be reviewed by a scholarship review committee comprised of staff from the Center for International Education and a representative from ASNAU. The committee will review applications based on involvement on the NAU campus, academic merit, program choice, and overall effort in the essay and application.
Scholarship awards will be applied to the student's NAU account. If you are awarded an ASNAU GO Scholarship but do not end up going abroad, the scholarship will be withdrawn or, if early enough, not dispersed to you.
Education Abroad Scholarship Resources